Roden 5


Friday, June 26, 2009

Catching up....

Right after Janie's birthday last week, we had to get ready to go to a family reunion in Yellowstone. Of course, all of us but Mark were battling colds, so it was not the most organized preparation. But we all made it, and had lots of fun. Yellowstone is a favorite place to visit, even though I did not see a bear for the 36th year in a row.

Here we are waiting for Old Faithful.


This is Janie's "J" tree. We found it last year at Canyon Village, and I think it will be a tradition now to take her picture on it.

The scenery in Yellowstone is so spectacular. We sent out a Christmas picture from this spot a few years ago and I had a friend ask me if we were sitting in front of a painting.


This is by Yellowstone Lake. If we look a bit bigger and more satisfied than normal, it's because we just ate the best breakfast buffet that exists at the Lake Hotel. It may be the real reason we go back to Yellowstone year after year.
I kept giving Mark a hard time for not smiling in any of our pictures, so he seems to have slightly overcompensated for this next shot.

When we got home, Mark and Derek had two days to get a pinewood derby car ready. No, they didn't just spring the race on us at the last minute, we had plenty of time to prepare, we just didn't use it. It wasn't the fastest car this year, but Derek didn't seem to care, and all the boys had fun.

Well, that's the wrap up of the last couple weeks. We've got more fun trips coming up, and I will try to keep up on it all as the busy summer rolls on.

No comments:

Post a Comment