Roden 5


Sunday, November 1, 2009

Boo

So, I've been in total denial that winter is coming, and Halloween just snuck up on me. It's no secret to some that it's not my favorite holiday, but I don't really mind the costumes and trick-or-treating. My only complaint is that it's turned into a season that requires you to spend endless amounts of money on decorations, t-shirts, school parties, dance parties, and, to top it all off, the instructors for all of the classes I take at the gym have been using Halloween music for 2 weeks! I can't get pumped to work out for an hour every day if I have to listen the the Monster Mash.
So because I was in my denial, we weren't as prepared for dressing up as we usually are. Derek and Janie's costumes didn't get finalized until a couple of days before the 31st. Fortunately, the weather was as nice as it ever is on Halloween in Utah, and I think everyone had a good time.

Meghan was getting just as much grief as she was cheers for her Yankees attire. They were nice enough to pull out a Halloween night victory in Game 3 of the World Series.

This is not my favorite way to see my son. Derek was so excited for this costume and I think it was gross. This year, he took off with his 3 friends for trick-or-treating and I just hope they didn't terrorize the neighborhood too much. His mother told him to be nice.

Janie was so happy to decide on being a rock star. I was so excited about the $5 Rock Star kit we found at Walmart.

We had a great time carving pumpkins Halloween morning. I want to make sure that everyone knows that the Mickey pumpkin was Mark's creation. I think we can conclude that, although he pretends to not like anything Disney, he's the biggest fan of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment