Derek's grandparents and some cousins came over for cake and presents on his actual birthday. He finally got his new bike.
His Aunt LeAnn made Derek the perfect cake.
And his cousins Randee and Christian gave him the real thing. The ketchup companies can thank Derek and Janie for keeping their profits strong during this tough economy.
In other news, Janie has just lost her second tooth. I feel that neither one of us is old enough for this to happen, but I'm dealing with this loss much better emotionally than the loss of the first tooth. At least I can talk about this one!
Finally, I think we have created a monster. This child, the one who couldn't play the Wii for the first few days we had it because she got so frustrated, is now addicted to it. More specifically, she is addicted to Mario Kart. We've never had video games in our home for this very reason. But I've been blind-sided because I never thought the Wii-aholic would be Janie. It's a good thing she goes to school every day or else she would drive me crazy asking me to play it all day, instead of half the day like she does now. I may have to develop my own 12 step program. Let's all just pray for an early end to winter so we can get back outside!!
I see that Derek got the mag wheels Mark never got!
ReplyDelete